Cable selection for the Centauro 1000W is relatively good.
Dual EPS12V connectors are present and should always been included with a 1000W unit. There are a total of six PCI-E 8-pin connectors bundled with the unit, two of which are natively wired. Peripheral connections are handled by the eight SATA, six Molex and two FDD connectors via four more modular cables.
Also available are two 3-pin fan connectors directly wired to the power supply. Cable length was a tad bit short on the unit, especially for the motherboard and PCI-E connectors.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Passive cooling is provided by three heatsinks that run almost the entire length of the power supply.
A single Rubycon capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
Xigmatek uses the Globe Fan RL4ZB1352512HH run to provide the active cooling for the Centauro 1000W power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017