Cable selection for the Centauro 1000W is relatively good.
Dual EPS12V connectors are present and should always been included with a 1000W unit. There are a total of six PCI-E 8-pin connectors bundled with the unit, two of which are natively wired. Peripheral connections are handled by the eight SATA, six Molex and two FDD connectors via four more modular cables.
Also available are two 3-pin fan connectors directly wired to the power supply. Cable length was a tad bit short on the unit, especially for the motherboard and PCI-E connectors.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Passive cooling is provided by three heatsinks that run almost the entire length of the power supply.
A single Rubycon capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
Xigmatek uses the Globe Fan RL4ZB1352512HH run to provide the active cooling for the Centauro 1000W power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99