VisionTek does a great job making sure that you can use all the juice that this unit provides. Dual ATX 4+4/EPS12V connectors make sure the power supply is capable of supporting dual processors and the dual PCI-E cables make sure that you can power a duo of power hungry GPU's.
Peripherals are taken care of as well with a total of eight SATA connectors, four Molex connectors and one FDD connector. There are also two unused modular connectors on the unit. You could purchase or make additional cables for the VisionTek 700W Modular power supply if you needed more than what is provided out of the box.
VisionTek's 700W Modular power supply features dual 12V rails. While the manual doesn't specify how the rails are split up, it is rather easy to trace things back to the PCB. 12V1 powers the main connector and half of the modular connections. 12V2 handles the rest of the load which is comprised of the fixed ATX 4+4 connector and the other half of the modular connections. Unfortunately, it's impossible to know which connector is which unless you break open the unit.
A Look Inside
VisionTek could have gone with a much smaller enclosure if they wanted to, but would have probably had to change to a smaller fan to cool the unit if they did so.
A single, Chinese-made Asia X capacitor adorns the primary side of the VisionTek 700W Modular power supply.
The same capacitors can be found all around on the secondary side of the PSU.
Cooling for the unit is provided by the BTek A1225M12S 120mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99