The sound levels recorded during these tests was near impossible to measure.
The sound of the pump was definitely now the loudest part of this cooling arrangement. So what I did was to use on the Enermax cooler at both stock while idling for the idle results. With the PWM IC in full charge of the fans speed, I really couldn't hear the fan operating and as the reading on the meter showed, 25 dB at this level is really great results.
Since the Enermax cooler was reaching eighty degrees I figured it was a much better test for the higher end of the PWM scale and with verification of the fans speed in AIDA64 I saw I was running at 1276 RPM and at this point I was hearing a slight whine from the fan, but still it was able to keep the level down to 45 dB at this end of the spectrum.
This is very impressive for a 120mm fan and it shows that Noctua even improved on their own numbers from previous fans they have designed thus far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Huawei and Leica establish new R&D center for VR and AR
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now