We've found ourselves a little underwhelmed with what's been going on with the new HD 7700 series. It's not so much the performance of the card, but more the price as we see the HD 7770 line up with the HD 6800 series which comes out ahead.
When we moved away from the single GPU performance via the XFX HD 7770 Black Edition S Super Overclocked 1GB and checked out the CrossFire performance via Sapphire we saw a bit of light at the end of the tunnel thanks to some awesome CrossFire scaling. The issue continued to be the price of the setup, though.
With some strong overclocks out of the box, we wonder what kind of overclocking potential we have with the model. Today we'll be finding that out exactly via the help of the MSI Radeon HD 7770 1GB OC Edition video card. There are of course a few things we need to do before we cover the overclocking side of things.
The first thing we'll start with is check out the package to see what kind of bundle MSI is offering us, once we've done that we'll move onto the card itself, look at the default clocks on the OC Edition model and check out the overclock we managed to achieve. From there we'll move onto the testbed before we of course look at the performance side of things to see just what kind of boost the overclock can offer us.
Looking at the bundle we've got the normal line up of paperwork and driver CD, along with a DVI to VGA connector, dual Molex to 6-pin PCIe power convertor and lastly a mini DP to DP connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andy Rubin's Essential phone is stunning and powerful
- ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ: 31.5-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 Katana: hands-on with the ninja
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition detailed
- GALAX shows off GTX 1080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card