We've found ourselves a little underwhelmed with what's been going on with the new HD 7700 series. It's not so much the performance of the card, but more the price as we see the HD 7770 line up with the HD 6800 series which comes out ahead.
When we moved away from the single GPU performance via the XFX HD 7770 Black Edition S Super Overclocked 1GB and checked out the CrossFire performance via Sapphire we saw a bit of light at the end of the tunnel thanks to some awesome CrossFire scaling. The issue continued to be the price of the setup, though.
With some strong overclocks out of the box, we wonder what kind of overclocking potential we have with the model. Today we'll be finding that out exactly via the help of the MSI Radeon HD 7770 1GB OC Edition video card. There are of course a few things we need to do before we cover the overclocking side of things.
The first thing we'll start with is check out the package to see what kind of bundle MSI is offering us, once we've done that we'll move onto the card itself, look at the default clocks on the OC Edition model and check out the overclock we managed to achieve. From there we'll move onto the testbed before we of course look at the performance side of things to see just what kind of boost the overclock can offer us.
Looking at the bundle we've got the normal line up of paperwork and driver CD, along with a DVI to VGA connector, dual Molex to 6-pin PCIe power convertor and lastly a mini DP to DP connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break on Steam missing SLI support, DirectX 12
- NX will get Nintendo 'back into the race,' says Ubisoft
- Commodore 64 still running auto shop after 25 years
- Get this $100 programmable gaming keyboard for just $55
- Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro expected mid-October
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now