Specifications, Availability and Pricing
On the outside of the chassis I received you will find the front plastic bezel that is attached to the otherwise all steel chassis, which appears to be a Viper ready to strike if looking at the case head on. The top section is as if you are looking at the top of the head with orange accent lines at the top to possible be the eyes.
Below that you find six wider slots backed with mesh and a large orange Y shaped accent in the middle of them, representing the expanded neck of the Viper as it lifts off the ground to attack. The rest of the chassis is painted black both inside and out with a flat textured effect to match the black used in the ABS plastic front. On the side you do get a window, but it is tinted bronze like a 1985 Acura Legend. There is a fan in this side panel window and it and the front intake fan are both 120mm and both lit with blue LED lighting, the rear exhaust fan is a 120mm fan, but is not lit.
Inside of the Viper you will find four ODD bays with plastic tool-less latches to mount on one side with screws needing to be used on the back side to mount them securely. Below the ODD rack is the hard drive assembly that can house up to four 3.5" drives, but there are not any accommodations for a 2.5" drive anywhere in the chassis. The motherboard tray will allow for both Micro-ATX and ATX motherboards, but is set so far back in the case that there is no room behind it for wire management. In the back you will find seven expansion slots and three holes to allow for the passage of water cooling tubing, if you decide to go that route. The front I/O in the chassis I have does not offer any USB 2.0, but rather both of them are USB 3.0 with a native 20-pin connection for the motherboard. Lastly, the Viper can be delivered in one of three color choices, red, white and the black version we will be looking at over the next few pages.
From what I can gather, the Raidmax Viper is widely available and at a really reasonable price point. I know of just a handful of other case manufacturers that offer a realistic chassis to purchase in this price range, so that is something Raidmax has going for them. Looking around for the best total price it led me to the listing at Newegg.com for $69.99. There are places listing this chassis for as low as $56 US dollars, but once shipping is added, the deal at Newegg is the way to go with a to your door price of $75.98. We just looked at the Xigmatek Midgard II and seen what $100 can get you in a chassis today. So get comfortable as I show you what you get and what is possibly missing for the $25 difference in pricing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces new OEM 750 Series SSDs with corporate warranty
- Seagate boasts new storage archtecture capable of 1Tbps
- Similar numbers on Fallout 4 PC than Battlefront on all platforms
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Sonnet Fusion PCIe Fusion Drive 256GB Thunderbolt 2 SSD Review
- PC-O5SX Availability
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- LG TOUTS THE POWER OF OLED IN SLICK NEW CAMPAIGN
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China