Specifications, Availability and Pricing
On the outside of the chassis I received you will find the front plastic bezel that is attached to the otherwise all steel chassis, which appears to be a Viper ready to strike if looking at the case head on. The top section is as if you are looking at the top of the head with orange accent lines at the top to possible be the eyes.
Below that you find six wider slots backed with mesh and a large orange Y shaped accent in the middle of them, representing the expanded neck of the Viper as it lifts off the ground to attack. The rest of the chassis is painted black both inside and out with a flat textured effect to match the black used in the ABS plastic front. On the side you do get a window, but it is tinted bronze like a 1985 Acura Legend. There is a fan in this side panel window and it and the front intake fan are both 120mm and both lit with blue LED lighting, the rear exhaust fan is a 120mm fan, but is not lit.
Inside of the Viper you will find four ODD bays with plastic tool-less latches to mount on one side with screws needing to be used on the back side to mount them securely. Below the ODD rack is the hard drive assembly that can house up to four 3.5" drives, but there are not any accommodations for a 2.5" drive anywhere in the chassis. The motherboard tray will allow for both Micro-ATX and ATX motherboards, but is set so far back in the case that there is no room behind it for wire management. In the back you will find seven expansion slots and three holes to allow for the passage of water cooling tubing, if you decide to go that route. The front I/O in the chassis I have does not offer any USB 2.0, but rather both of them are USB 3.0 with a native 20-pin connection for the motherboard. Lastly, the Viper can be delivered in one of three color choices, red, white and the black version we will be looking at over the next few pages.
From what I can gather, the Raidmax Viper is widely available and at a really reasonable price point. I know of just a handful of other case manufacturers that offer a realistic chassis to purchase in this price range, so that is something Raidmax has going for them. Looking around for the best total price it led me to the listing at Newegg.com for $69.99. There are places listing this chassis for as low as $56 US dollars, but once shipping is added, the deal at Newegg is the way to go with a to your door price of $75.98. We just looked at the Xigmatek Midgard II and seen what $100 can get you in a chassis today. So get comfortable as I show you what you get and what is possibly missing for the $25 difference in pricing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20