The Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower Chassis
Our first look at the Cosmos II is of the front of the chassis. The top starts with a somewhat exposed front I/O panel and blends down into an aluminum panel with the Cooler Master logo on it. Below this you see a mesh panel between the ABS plastic sides that blend the panels together with gentle curves and styling lines.
The front I/O panel has the audio jacks and the e-SATA port on the left side. In the middle is a pair of USB 3.0 ports with the rest of the room taken by the other four USB 2.0 ports.
The aluminum panel that used to be here slides down slowly, but automatically, once the magnetism of the latch is overcome. It exposes the three removable 5.25" bays drive covers and the two lockable X-drive covers to protect your hard drives that go in there.
With the slide panel back up, you can now get access to fully remove the mesh at the bottom of the front bezel. This makes both fan installation and dust removal much easier.
Back to the top of the Cosmos II, just above the front I/O panel, there is another aluminum cover that will slide back to expose the controls for the chassis. These textured aluminum push button switches will control each section of fans speed individually as well as offering a large power button. There are the power and activity lights at the very front edge that will illuminate when the system is powered.
I did have to remove a thumbscrew to gain access here, but you can see there is plenty of room here to hide a thick radiator or fans. You also get a peek of the damage incurred where the top handle meets the plastic in the nearest corner.
This is just another angle so you could see what went wrong. Someone obviously dropped this and while this damage is depressing, the show must go on! For the purposes of this review, I will be lowering scores for the packaging, but there is still way more to see, so let's get on to it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook