Some time ago, back when extra hardware wasn't something that was available to me, I had my first go at a Danger Den acrylic chassis build with the Black 21 chassis. If you want to, go ahead and have a look at how limited hardware and installing air cooling into a chassis designed for water can really bring a slick looking chassis down a peg. With that in mind, with this newly developed chassis there will be a full on custom water cooling loop installed into the chassis to showcase it how it deserves to be, and to give the readers more of what is to be expected when reviewing a product that is specifically driven as a chassis to house water cooling out of the gate.
If the Black 21 was a full tower, this new chassis is more of a mid tower just going by the chassis sizing, but don't let that cloud your judgment. Even though the chassis has gotten smaller than the last solution I looked at, this new design has a couple of things the other didn't, as well as a better handle in the way the water cooling is mounted into the chassis rather than directly to the face as the Black 21 did. The more obvious changes up front are things like the power button moved to the rear in the new chassis, the acrylic motherboard tray has been redesigned and the PSU has been moved from the top to the bottom. There are a couple of others to mention as well, but I've got to save some material for the rest of the review, so if you want to see what those things are, stick with me; I'm sure you are about to like what you see over the next few pages.
Dan over at Danger Den must have seen some potential in me after the first go with an acrylic chassis from them. When this chassis was released we got into contact with them and he was more than gracious with helping us about even after butchering the Black 21 review. We went through a couple of emails to make sure the chassis was set up with a few of the selectable options so I could not only install my loop, but also show off the kinds of options that you may or may not want to select when purchasing yours. At this point I just ask that you get comfortable and enjoy the ride I am about to take you on as we look at the Q20 acrylic tower chassis from Danger Den.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging & Hardware]
- Page 4 [The Danger Den Q20 Acrylic Components]
- Page 5 [The Danger Den Q20 Assembly]
- Page 6 [The Danger Den Q20 Assembly - Continued]
- Page 7 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product - Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now