Hardware and Documentation
Eminent sends a quick start guide that is as multi-lingual as the packaging is. In these three panels of it there is the contents and connectivity covered on the first one, what it takes to set this up at home in the middle, and the recommendation to use the HDMI connection on the third panel.
On the reverse it goes step by step to show the LAN and power connections and where to make them. Then moves to using the remote to turn on the system, and how to get into the basic setup in the middle, while the right panel offers options for different methods of connectivity of this to either a receiver, or by using the Composite cables.
This sleek and well laid out remote is what comes with the EM7280 to perform all of the controls that this system offers. There is a pair of extra heavy duty AAA batteries included so you can get right into it once all the connections are made.
If you don't want to transfer files over a network connection, you can use the USB 3.0 cable provided to make faster transfers to the EM7280 directly from another PC. Also in the image is the included digital optical or TOSlink cable to deliver full digital audio to go with the 1080p video signal the EM7280 provides.
You will also find a 1.5 meter HDMI cable to connect the EM7280 to your HD TV or Monitor.
The power adapter sent with this unit is made for the EU market and there is a UK power adapter version of the EM7280 available. For me, I ran over to the local box store and got the basic universal power adapter and am ready to fire this up.
If you plan to use this with a device that doesn't have a HDMI connection, Eminent still offers a solution to get the audio and video signals out with these red, yellow and white composite cables. This cable will allow you to get video signal and stereo audio signal.
Inside of a little zip closed bag you will kind four screws for mounting the hard drives along with a plug to put into the digital optical cable port if you don't use the provided cable.
On this mini-disc you will find it includes a pdf version of the user manual. This is a bit more in depth than the guide we just looked at and offers more step by step instructions on setting up the torrent and NZBget applications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Eminent EM7280 hdMEDIA RT3 HD Media Player]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Unity answers Unreal's VR Editor with its own VR-in-VR dev toolset
- Netflix completes migration to Amazon Web Services at last
- Ubisoft expects The Division to be a huge record-breaking new IP
- The Dark Knight is the true star of final 'Batman V Superman' trailer
- Windows 3.x Showcase lets you try out early 90s software again
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance