Inside the Box
Inside the box we find the power supply sandwiched between two pieces of foam. Underneath all of this are the modular cables and accessories.
Lifting off the top layer of foam, we find the power supply in a bag to protect it even more.
Underneath the native cables lies the 5.25" display.
Here we catch our first glimpse of the Thortech Thunderbolt Plus 100W PSU. It has a matte black finish with the I/O specification sticker on the top.
Both sides of the power supply display the same Thunderbolt Plus 1000W label.
Airflow is kept to a maximum with the honeycomb mesh grill and minimal obstruction on the back of the unit.
The front houses the modular connectors. Notice that the native cables have both a grommet and are zip tied together where they exit the PSU.
The bottom of the unit gives us a glimpse of the fan that cools the unit. It is covered by a honeycomb mesh grill.
This is the iPower meter included with the Thortech Plus. They have it covered in plastic to keep it from getting scratched during shipping.
The back view shows that it is a simple controller board for the LCD and there is a single connection to hook it up to the power supply.
Here we see the iPower Meter when the power supply is turned on. It is rather bright in a very dimly lit room, but easy to read.
Also include in the box are the user manual, power cable, reusable Velcro cable ties and mounting screws.
Rounding out the list of things included are the modular cables. They are neatly held in place by a pouch that folds in half and Velcro's together.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched