As I sit here contemplating to start this based off of a revision of a previous design angle, or if I take the approach of allowing this chassis to stand on its own merits, I find that both angles are very applicable to what we are going to be having a look at. As the title mentions, essentially we are at what the evolution of what the P180 has become some years later. The external design has definitely been revisited in this new release, but there have been a multitude of changes made internally. Looking at cases that came later in the Performance One series from Antec, the P183 and P193 and their revisions, they were all based off a compartmentalized interior design. So while Antec tried to make it have aesthetic cues that hark back to the classic design that many of you reading this have used, there has been much thought and effort into maximizing what you can get into this chassis, making it easy to do, and deliver limited noise in operation.
Maximizing the chassis' potential customers, this chassis gets classified as a Super Mid Tower chassis. The main reason for the "Super" part of this is due to the fact that this chassis will house an XL-ATX motherboard! As far as I have seen, I do believe this is an industry first - I really can't recall any other mid tower with this sort of compatibility. I know quite a few cases will even claim water cooling functionality, and while you may have ways to pass the tubing to an external radiator, the interior spacing doesn't typically offer extra space for such things. Even those that do, the room most times is limited to only the thinnest radiator choices. These are only two of the features of this chassis that is just completely packed with opportunity to take on anything you may want to throw at it.
Today we are bringing you the Antec P280 from the Performance One Series. As I type this I am still a couple of days away from the NDA releasing so that you may read what I am writing. As you read this you are going to have a bit of a wait for these chassis' to hit shelves, but when they do, I have a strong feeling that these aren't going to sit on the shelves very long at all. From what I have seen, and am about to bring to you, the price point set on the P280 is so reasonable, it is really going to step proudly into its appropriate segment. Don't forget, along with all of the features you are about to see in the P280, many strides have gone into not only delivering a fully functional chassis with plenty of room to grow into, but doing so with as little noise to the computing environment as possible. The P280 has really taken me by surprise and I hope you will continue reading and see why I don't think they will have any issues selling!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Modern Warfare Remastered has 10 multiplayer maps, full campaign
- Microsoft does the impossible, uses actual synthetic DNA to store data
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched