You may not have heard of MemoRight before, but they have been building SSDs for a very long time. We first looked at one of their products in 2008 when they were designing their own controllers and breaking new ground in the market. Back then SSDs were barely a myth and quite mysterious.
Fast-forward to 2011 and the SSD market has exploded with new and old companies fighting for supremacy. Solid state drives are now sold on retail shelves and at price points that are pushing them into commodity status. At this time many enthusiast computer people have already owned at least two solid state drives and feel that the technology is the only way to boot their PC. It's true there have been hurdles, a few eggs tossed on faces and more than a handful of ticked off people, but hearing about such issues is becoming less common.
One of the biggest challenges for consumers has been companies releasing products into the wild before the products have been deemed problem free. A few companies like MemoRight have taken a different path and waited until their products were right before going to market. This has led to several lost sales, but at the same time kept their name in pristine condition.
The only thing worse than having your name tarnished is not having a name at all. This is what MemoRight is looking to change in 2011. The company doesn't make consumer products per se, they make products that are a step above the average. Because of this, many of MemoRight's products have cost considerably more than their consumer competitors, but that is now changing. MemoRight is ready to get in the fight and challenge the consumer market, but do so on their own terms. The same high build quality is present in the FTM Plus that we are looking at today, but the price point is now placing this product right at the bottom end of the consumer market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The MemoRight FTM Plus]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Every single Deus Ex game can be purchased for under $7 right now
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015