For a 550W power supply, Corsair manages to get in a pretty decent list of cables and connectors to make sure that you are able to make full use of the 550 watts that are available. The obligatory 20+4 and ATX 4+4 pin connectors are present as you would expect. Both PCI-E cables features 6+2 pin connectors, are modular, and are of ample length.
There is one Molex and one SATA cable natively wired to the power supply and then one more of each. This gives you a total of six SATA and six Molex connectors. Furthermore, Corsair includes two Molex to FDD connectors for those still requiring the connector.
Rail distribution is kept simple with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Opening up the TX550M, we see a unit that is almost identical to what we saw in that of the TX750M. It is very obvious that the cooling isn't the most spectacular that we've ever seen, but so long as it gets the job done and the unit doesn't fail under full load, we won't complain.
The single primary capacitor is manufactured by Panasonic.
Over on the secondary side, Corsair utilizes the Japanese made Nippon Chemi-con capacitors.
The very popular Yate Loon D14BH-12 is back yet again, providing the cooling for the TX550M.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Samsung confirms faulty batteries caused Note7 fiasco
- Hugo Barra is leaving Xiaomi next month
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni