Checking out the card, we instantly get this feeling we're looking at a passive cooled card, but we're not. Instead, there are two fans behind the cooler and we've seen this kind of design before from another company on a higher end model. It's proven to be very strong and it will be interesting to see how it fairs on the mid-range beast that is the GTX 560 Ti.
Taking a look around the card, we can see towards the back we've got two 6-Pin PCIe power connectors here, while closer to the front we've got a single SLI connector giving us the ability to run two of these cards in SLI.
On the I/O side of things we've got a single HDMI port on the left and VGA port on the right, while in the middle we see two Dual-Link DVI connectors. In typical Palit fashion, we again have a pretty strong line-up in the I/O side of things.
The other thing that stands out on the card once we installed it in our system is the little LED lights that are present on the board, helping give off a red glow. It makes the card look great once installed and against our ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z that uses the same black / red color scheme, the card looks fantastic.
While there's no clear OC labeling on the card, the fact it's got the "Turbo" tag in it pretty much tells us that the card is going to be overclocked. Palit haven't gone too crazy, but they have given us a bump in both the core and memory department.
Above we can see the core comes in at 835MHz, slightly up on the default 822MHz. This in turn pushes the Shader to 1670MHz from 1645MHz. As for the 1GB of GDDR5, that's been bumped from 4008MHz QDR to 4100MHz QDR. It's nothing too crazy, but a nice little bump across the board that should yield some strong performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Exploding Beats headphones aren't Apple's fault
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 is 2-for-1 in the US only right now
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delay causes stock dive
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning