Like we said in the introduction, video cards are really few and far between at the moment and it's clear that some VGA-only companies are feeling it. With no new clear models from both AMD and NVIDIA for the time being, companies are instead opting to just mix up some of the much loved mid-range models.
Mixing up the GTX 560 Ti is hard, because at launch we saw so many versions of the card. Today Palit has done a great job of showing us something different. The Twin Light Turbo version of the card not only offers some good performance thanks to its little overclock on offer, but comes in at a good temperature and in near silence.
Considering some of the FPS we see coming out of the card here, the fact you're able to get it at such low volume is always appreciated. The only thing we don't know is the price, since the card hasn't quite hit the channel yet. As usual, Palit always get us the card nice and early and we work hard to offer a review quickly for them.
If the past is anything to go by, though, and it's fairly safe to assume it is, then the Palit GTX 560 Twin Light Turbo will hit at the perfect price point. Palit tend to not let the bundle do the talking and instead let the card do it. Today the card says I can offer good performance with little noise, and that's a sentence we like to hear.
The Palit GTX 560 Twin Light Turbo is ultimately the epitome of a great mid-range card. It should hit at a strong price point, offers good performance and has a cooler that really stands out for all the right reasons.
If you're thinking about getting a new video card because you just can't be bothered waiting for the next iteration of cards from NVIDIA or AMD, then this is a great card that hits the mid-range market perfectly. As always, Palit do a fantastic job of not disappointing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio