The Build and Finished Product
With everything installed in what seemed like record time, although after three tries at it I should be able to do this in my sleep by now. With the DVD drive in place the texture of the bezel mates the drive well and doesn't look out of place. I also like that I can see wiring and the rear fan through the bezel. If I can see it, air can definitely get in there!
Changing things up, I threw in the blue GIGABYTE just to make something stand out, and so you have an idea of what a m-ATX system would fit like. With plenty of room for the ATX system in the previous submissions, the m-ATX system has plenty of room to work when it's finished.
Nothing exciting going on in the back, just that now all of the holes are filled and there is a quartet of DVI connectors staring back at you. I did go ahead and remove the tube covers and install the grommets to see how they fit, and they were very easy to install.
Every time I get behind this tray my mind just spins with all the ways I can route things. So far this is my third go at it, and not one of them looks the same. Not only can I route things anywhere I want really, there are plenty of points to secure the wiring and keep it out of the way.
Before we add the cord and power it up, I figured we could get one last spin around the chassis with the panels back on the Source 220.
Changing the angle 180 degrees, there are no issues to bring up. Both panels fit smoothly and align well with the body of the case. Don't forget about that model and serial number sticker near the rear I/O, as you may need to retrieve this information for RMA purposes.
Just in case you miss it in the next shot, once powered up, the Source 220 only produces this for lighting. The larger power button is surrounded with a light that denotes PC power. The reset button, the smaller one below, is not only surrounded, but also centered with LED backlighting denoting the HDD activity.
Powered up, there is a mellow hum emanating from the fans on the Source 220, but once the GPU fans are spooled up, I can definitely hear them over the case. As far as lighting goes, when the system is powered the ring around the power button is lit. The reset button has a light in the middle that will flicker for HDD activity.
After five restarts I was still not quick enough to get the flicker on the reset button, but since I hadn't really covered those, I figured I would get you a close-up of the lighting and the large power button with the reset button under it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project Scorpio 4K vs 1080p side by side comparison
- PSN and Xbox LIVE hacker imprisoned for two years
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti HOF, 3 x 8-pin PCIe power & LCD panel
- NVIDIA's recent Gamer Connect event in India: success
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SteelSeries brings gamers the world's first dual-surface RGB illuminated mousepad - introducing the QcK Prism