Moving onto the board, we can see being part of the UD3 lines means we don't get the same sexiness that's present in the US5 and UD7 line. We do get a good overall glimpse of what's going on, though.
Getting into the expansion slot side of things, you can see exactly what we've got going on. We've got a total of two Legacy PCI slots, three PCIe x1 slots and two PCIe x16 slots that run at x16 / x8 or x8 / x8 if both are in use.
Running across the bottom of the board, we can see we've got a front panel audio header, 1394 Firewire, COM, three USB 2.0 headers, USB 3.0 header, TPM and Front panel connector. Lacking on the board are the power / reset buttons that we usually see, but again being based on the UD3 model, it's no surprise it's not present.
Turning the corner, we can see we've got a total of eight SATA ports. Starting from the left, we've got four blue runs which are all SATA II and run off the Intel Z68 chipset. Next to that we have two SATA III ports in white which also run off the Intel chipset. Finally, we have another two SATA III ports that come in grey which run off the Marvell 9172 SATA III controller.
If you're going to be making use of the mSATA port present on the board, one of the SATA II connectors present on the board won't be able to be used. It shouldn't be an issue, but it's nice to see that GIGABYTE has clearly highlighted this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook rolls out Halloween themed masks in Live videos
- Just in time for Halloween: NASA discovers pumpkin stars
- Facebook turns reactions into Halloween themed symbols
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- Booting Ubuntu from USB on Asus.
- Booting Problem
- AsRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ DDR3 no POST.
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications