Moving onto the board, we can see being part of the UD3 lines means we don't get the same sexiness that's present in the US5 and UD7 line. We do get a good overall glimpse of what's going on, though.
Getting into the expansion slot side of things, you can see exactly what we've got going on. We've got a total of two Legacy PCI slots, three PCIe x1 slots and two PCIe x16 slots that run at x16 / x8 or x8 / x8 if both are in use.
Running across the bottom of the board, we can see we've got a front panel audio header, 1394 Firewire, COM, three USB 2.0 headers, USB 3.0 header, TPM and Front panel connector. Lacking on the board are the power / reset buttons that we usually see, but again being based on the UD3 model, it's no surprise it's not present.
Turning the corner, we can see we've got a total of eight SATA ports. Starting from the left, we've got four blue runs which are all SATA II and run off the Intel Z68 chipset. Next to that we have two SATA III ports in white which also run off the Intel chipset. Finally, we have another two SATA III ports that come in grey which run off the Marvell 9172 SATA III controller.
If you're going to be making use of the mSATA port present on the board, one of the SATA II connectors present on the board won't be able to be used. It shouldn't be an issue, but it's nice to see that GIGABYTE has clearly highlighted this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand