ASRock have put together a really nice little mITX motherboard and I think if you're a fan of the Fusion platform, but find that the E series Brazos line-up doesn't offer enough power for you, this is the perfect option when combined with an A8-3850.
Of course, if you want a bit more VGA power from the platform, you have the ability to combine a HD 6670 with the onboard GPU built in to the APU and gain some really strong performance. If you haven't already, it's worth checking out some of our launch pieces on the platform.
It's a little disappointing to find that overclocking performance was almost non-existent on the board. At the same time, though, it's not a surprise due to the fact it's such a small motherboard and like we said when we spoke about overclocking, because of the size it's hard to have any big heatsink setup when it comes to cooling the parts of the board that really do heat up.
While you're going to steer away from not only this board, but this platform, if you're looking at some kind of high end system with a card like a GTX 580 or HD 6970, the Llano platform continues to have its market and with a mid-range graphics card it can be an extremely good option.
If you're looking for something small that really has some exceptional performance when it comes to building a well-priced, mid-range system, then this is a great board and is something really worth looking at.
Coming in at $94.99 US, the ASRock A75M-ITX comes in at a really good price point and under that important $100 US price tag. Combined with a A8-3850 for $139.99, HD 6670 for around the $90 mark and a well-priced 8GB kit of RAM and hard drive and you have a system that is just going to perform extremely well in whatever size form factor you like.
A bit of overclocking potential would've been nice, but I think that if you're going down the mITX platform overclocking is going to be something you're not too worried about because you'll be using such a small case. If you wanted to overclock, while still having a smaller system, you'd be better off looking at a mATX solution.
The A75M-ITX in the end, though, just helps open up the Llano platform to another area and in typical ASRock style, they manage to do it for a really strong price. No doubt this is going to be a great option for people who want that small, well-priced mid-range system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99