Looking at the card, you can see the overall design isn't anything too out of the ordinary with this design cooler being seen before. You can see we've got the larger fan in the middle of the card and behind the fan you can see the copper heat pipes coming out of the heatsink.
On the power connector front you can see at the back of the card we've got two 6-Pin PCIe power connectors, while closer to the front we have our standard single CrossFire connector giving us the ability to CrossFire two of these cards together.
On the I/O side of things we've got quite the strong line up with a Dual-Link and Single-Link DVI connector, full size HDMI port and two mini DisplayPorts. The inclusion of the mini DP to DP connector in the bundle is great as it means that if you've got a DP monitor, you can make use of the card straight away via that connection.
The particular HD 6850 we're looking at today is the OC version of the Vapor-X and looking below you can see the clocks at which the card comes in at. We can see that the core comes in at 800MHz; this is slightly up on the default 775MHz seen on non-overclocked versions of the HD 6850.
As for the 1GB of GDDR5, Sapphire has also chosen to increase that to 1100MHz or 4400MHz QDR. This is 400MHz QDR up on the reference clock of 4000MHz QDR and should hopefully in conjunction with the core clock yield us some nice performance today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives