Looking at the card, you can see the overall design isn't anything too out of the ordinary with this design cooler being seen before. You can see we've got the larger fan in the middle of the card and behind the fan you can see the copper heat pipes coming out of the heatsink.
On the power connector front you can see at the back of the card we've got two 6-Pin PCIe power connectors, while closer to the front we have our standard single CrossFire connector giving us the ability to CrossFire two of these cards together.
On the I/O side of things we've got quite the strong line up with a Dual-Link and Single-Link DVI connector, full size HDMI port and two mini DisplayPorts. The inclusion of the mini DP to DP connector in the bundle is great as it means that if you've got a DP monitor, you can make use of the card straight away via that connection.
The particular HD 6850 we're looking at today is the OC version of the Vapor-X and looking below you can see the clocks at which the card comes in at. We can see that the core comes in at 800MHz; this is slightly up on the default 775MHz seen on non-overclocked versions of the HD 6850.
As for the 1GB of GDDR5, Sapphire has also chosen to increase that to 1100MHz or 4400MHz QDR. This is 400MHz QDR up on the reference clock of 4000MHz QDR and should hopefully in conjunction with the core clock yield us some nice performance today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Corsair launches Bulldog SFF chassis and Lapdog mechanical keyboards
- G.Skill's TridentZ DDR4 RAM overclocked to an insane 5GHz
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards