The Cooler Master hyper 612 PWM CPU Cooler
Out of the packaging we see that the 120mm fan comes pre-attached to this Hyper 612. The PWM controlled fan is screwed into a pair of mounting clips, one piece on either side. These allow the fan, or fans to be mounted by clipping plastic into a groove on the side of the fins.
From the side you can see the stack of forty-five aluminum fins and the two bent black fins at the top. If you look at the left side, you can easily see how the fan clips into the cut out groove there.
Since the fan was blocking this on the front, from the back you can see that these heat pipes are aligned parallel with the fan on this cooler. In essence the fan blows on twelve halves, one set of six aligned in front of the other.
May as well get a look at the last side of the Hyper 612, and here is where I attract your eyes toward the base and to the large slab of aluminum between the heat pipes.
From this angle we get a much better look at the extruded aluminum pre-cooler that is used on top of the hat pipe sandwich. This seems like a great utilization of available space. Something else I just noticed is that these fins seem to be cut out in the middle as well; you can just barely see it above the pre-cooler
On top of the cooler you get these "X" shaped black fins that are bent to add a bit of style near the edges and the centre gets the full Cooler Master logo surrounded by four hex head screws to allow these to come off.
Here is another look at the pre-cooler from the level of the bottom fin. You can see this cooler leaves very little room to the fins, and to allow for the pipes to bend, it needed to remain slim in that aspect. The pre-cooler is also where the holes are drilled for mounting hardware making it multi-functional.
Looking from underneath, without the black fins breaking up the dimensions, the fins of the cooler appear to be almost square and offering a good amount of surface area. Also, be sure to remove this protective covering before installing the cooler, it is only to protect the base in transit or storage.
The base of the cooler lacks a fine polish, but still offers a flat surface to transmit heat into. For those already thinking about AMD orientation issues, you would be right in most cases, but the 612 comes with hardware to fix that issue.
With a bit of tab lifting, and some gentle persuasion, the fan and hardware bits come right off. Each side has a plastic component, which mounts to two of the screws on the fan, and allows them to clip onto the side of the cooler. Under the clips there are rubber pads installed for anti-vibration purposes.
Since the fan was off, I figured it would be bad form for me not to show an image of the cooler in this state.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler Master Hyper 612 PWM CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio