The Cooler Master hyper 612 PWM CPU Cooler
Out of the packaging we see that the 120mm fan comes pre-attached to this Hyper 612. The PWM controlled fan is screwed into a pair of mounting clips, one piece on either side. These allow the fan, or fans to be mounted by clipping plastic into a groove on the side of the fins.
From the side you can see the stack of forty-five aluminum fins and the two bent black fins at the top. If you look at the left side, you can easily see how the fan clips into the cut out groove there.
Since the fan was blocking this on the front, from the back you can see that these heat pipes are aligned parallel with the fan on this cooler. In essence the fan blows on twelve halves, one set of six aligned in front of the other.
May as well get a look at the last side of the Hyper 612, and here is where I attract your eyes toward the base and to the large slab of aluminum between the heat pipes.
From this angle we get a much better look at the extruded aluminum pre-cooler that is used on top of the hat pipe sandwich. This seems like a great utilization of available space. Something else I just noticed is that these fins seem to be cut out in the middle as well; you can just barely see it above the pre-cooler
On top of the cooler you get these "X" shaped black fins that are bent to add a bit of style near the edges and the centre gets the full Cooler Master logo surrounded by four hex head screws to allow these to come off.
Here is another look at the pre-cooler from the level of the bottom fin. You can see this cooler leaves very little room to the fins, and to allow for the pipes to bend, it needed to remain slim in that aspect. The pre-cooler is also where the holes are drilled for mounting hardware making it multi-functional.
Looking from underneath, without the black fins breaking up the dimensions, the fins of the cooler appear to be almost square and offering a good amount of surface area. Also, be sure to remove this protective covering before installing the cooler, it is only to protect the base in transit or storage.
The base of the cooler lacks a fine polish, but still offers a flat surface to transmit heat into. For those already thinking about AMD orientation issues, you would be right in most cases, but the 612 comes with hardware to fix that issue.
With a bit of tab lifting, and some gentle persuasion, the fan and hardware bits come right off. Each side has a plastic component, which mounts to two of the screws on the fan, and allows them to clip onto the side of the cooler. Under the clips there are rubber pads installed for anti-vibration purposes.
Since the fan was off, I figured it would be bad form for me not to show an image of the cooler in this state.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler Master Hyper 612 PWM CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset