Looking at the card itself, we've got quite a mean little cooler on it. It's dual slot and dual fan. Behind the fans you can see the big heatsink that manages to cover most of the card. The look of it is really nice, though, and you've got this carbon fiber look from a distance and some nice bits of aluminum. It's a pretty sweet cooler for a lower end model.
With no CrossFire connector or any extra power, we'll just swing around to the I/O side of things. As you can see, we've got a HDMI port on the left, next to that a VGA and finally a Dual-Link DVI connector.
Out of the box the MSI HD 6670 as we mentioned just carries with it the default clocks. That means our core comes in at 800MHz while our 1GB of GDDR5 comes in at 4000MHz QDR. Since we've already looked at reference clocked cards, though, we figured it was time to overclock the model and see what we could get out of it.
Unfortunately we couldn't increase the voltage on the card, so I didn't think we'd have too much luck with the overclock. Much to my surprise, though, we ended up with the core coming in at 950MHz and also increased the memory to 4600MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Nintendo Switch runs cool, about 37C under load
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league