Installation and Finished Product
I skipped right to the chase this time and offer you my naked GTX 470 ready to install the VF3000F and all of its components. For those of you keeping track, you will also notice the G1 from Arctic Cooling came off without a hitch!
First off, you need to install the plate that covers the PCB components. This requires you to place thick rubber washers that are backed with tape to the holes pointed out in the instructions. This will keep the plate, if over tightened, from doing any damage to the PCB near the screw holes.
I took a bit of artistic liberty here. The instructions say to apply the ZM-STG2 to all the components that the plate is going to transfer heat from. Rather than making a mess on my card again, I opted to replace TIM for silicone rubber. Since we are looking mainly at the actual GPU temperature, this should have little effect on that part of this coolers result.
After using the ten screws provided in the kit, I was easily able to apply the plate to the card. Now, you can see how specific this plate is made. Unless you have a reference layout, there is a chance this plate may not work.
All I had to do to get this far was to add four risers to the base of the cooler, slide on the o-rings, slide in the cooler and use the four nuts and springs left out of all the hardware to secure the VF3000F to my GTX 470.
Typically, this is all of the cooler you will ever see during ownership. Even so, the VF3000F is an attractive addition to the card. I like this styling much more than the AXP II we just tested.
There isn't really anything to point out here; I just thought it was a nice angle to look at the VF3000.
This is the last image and I thought that since it has the bright, green LEDs, I should grab a picture of it in operation. Well, here it is in all of its powered glory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System &Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20