The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler Continued
The two piece base sandwiches the soldered pipes with the three going out the other side being staggered from the two leaving this side. These two pipes are what make the center smaller as the pipes need a way to also make that U-turn, but this time around the other three pipes are already in the middle.
The VF3000F gets power to the fans either via plugging this 3-pin female plug into the motherboard directly, if the BIOS allows control of the fan header. With near nine inches of cable, if the motherboard header is not an option, this can be connected to the Fan Mate 2 that comes included in the kit.
Digging deeper to see what the hot glue was from, I first had to remove the four large screws with Phillip's heads on them, and then gently pry tabs off of one side of the cooler body. Once you get the tabs clear on one side, the shroud will roll off the cooler body.
Under the shroud I found the pair of clear, nine blade fans have special ridges to help scoop and direct the airflow that the fan pulls into the cooler. Both fans are mounted to the black plastic "tray" that is inset into grooves cut into the top of the fins. This simply allows for a bit less height, but this is still a three slot cooler either way.
On this end the "tray" that holds the fans in place is snapped into the rectangular cut-outs in the fins. This side gets clipped in at three fins deep into the cooler. I like that the wiring is tucked close to the fins and out of the way of the fan as it exits the cooler shroud.
There is that hot glue I was looking for! It seems this end of the fans "tray" gets clipped right on the last fin. I assume there is either a rattle issue without it, or they were afraid it would fall off. Either way, it's going to make removal a onetime thing, unless you keep hot glue around to reinstall your coolers fans, and I don't think that is the typical case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System &Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple Music update brings videos, family plan to Android
- Windows 10 upgrade nag screen interrupts weather lady
- New Apple Music API means endless integration possibilities
- Windows 10 now blocks Google searches from Cortana
- John Romero pauses Blackroom Kickstarter to finish gameplay demo
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched