It has been quite some time since I have looked at any GPU coolers. In fact, I think it may have been the CoolIT All-In-One water cooler for my GTX 470. I thought it was about time I went back and got a hold of a few coolers that are up and coming, as well as a few of the coolers I have missed over the past year. Not only is it a change of pace for me, but it gives my readers more information to have when they decide to cool other parts of their computers other than a CPU.
The first candidate is Arctic Cooling, as they were the first to deliver. This cooler design has basically been done already, but there are some small changes to be had in not only the shape of the cooler and its fins, but to a new compound for adhering the heat sinks to the memory ICs for this versions thermal conductivity. There is also a new mounting plate with this version, while the rest of the cooler stays virtually the same.
The cooler we are going to be looking at today is the Accelero Xtreme Plus II, the second in the line of XP coolers. We have already seen the original XP cooler and it performed very well against even water cooling results and really impressed me. I say we get right to it and see if the second revision of the Accelero Xtreme Plus, the AX Plus II has changes that make this cooler any better or leave it performing the same as the original. Either way, let's get into the specifics and what has changed in details so I can test this thing and get you the results!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 8 [Testing and Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines