The Motherboard Continued
Moving away from the bottom of the board and up to the top, you can see our four DDR3 DIMM slots. As for speed, you can see just above the top most DIMM slot that up to 1866MHz is officially supported, but of course higher is possible if you have good enough RAM and APU.
Under our RAM slots you can see we've got our main 24-Pin ATX power connector. Apart from those two items, though, there's not much else going on and it's now time to check out the CPU area itself.
Here we can see that we've got our main 8-Pin CPU power connector and of course our FM1 socket for our A8-3850 that we'll be using today. Like most motherboards we see these days, we've got a pretty clean setup around the socket and you can see we've got a little heatsink towards the I/O connectors.
Moving around to the I/O side of things, we've got our combo PS/2 port, two USB 2.0 ports, HDMI, DVI-D and VGA for onboard video connectivity. Next to that you can see we've got a clear CMOS button along with a further two USB 2.0 ports and an eSATA port.
You can see our two USB 3.0 ports that are powered natively by the chipset and above that we've got Gigabit networking via the Realtek 8111E controller. Finally, we finish up with 5 analogue connectors and an optical out port that runs off the Realtek ALC892 HD audio Codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99