It's been a while since we've looked at anything from PowerColor, but after seeing their showings at Computex, it's great to see something new from the company. Made even better is the fact that we're not talking about a card with a new cooler or anything like that, we're talking about a new card that PowerColor themselves have been working hard on.
The HD 6870x2 is as the name suggests, a dual GPU HD 6870 card. What you need to know, though, is this isn't an official AMD model. Instead, it's a card designed by the mad scientists at PowerColor and I've got to say, the HD 6870 GPU could well be the perfect option for this kind of card. Before we find out what's going on in terms of performance, though, we've got to go through the usual procedure.
First up, we'll check out the package of the HD 6870x2 from PowerColor before we have a closer look at the card itself, the heatsink/fan they've opted for and the connections that are on offer from the I/O side of things.
Before we get into our testbed and performance of the card, we'll of course be taking a look at the specifications. Since the card looked so good, though, we took the time to do some overclocking and we'll also show you what we managed to do there when it came to overclock results.
Before we get into all that fun stuff, though, it's important to look at what's going on in terms of the package. So let's get started.
Checking out the box of the HD 6870x2, we have got a really nice simple design that highlights the features of the card, with the back putting strong focus on the heatsink and the performance.
Moving inside, we've got the standard manual and driver CD. Along with that, we've got a Dirt 3 coupon that lets you download the game off Steam. We've also got a lineup of cables including the CrossFire Bridge, mini DP to DP connector, two 6-Pin PCI-E to 8-Pin PCI-E connectors along with a DVI to VGA convertor. A pretty good looking bundle from PowerColor with the stand outs being the inclusion of the Dirt 3 coupon and mini DP to DP connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card & Specification]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- Sony's PlayStation 4 dominates sales charts with 30.2 million sales
- I am the new guy
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS
- Cherry Announces MW 2310, MW 2110, and MC 2000 Mice
- Phanteks Announces Power Splitter with Patented Isolated Dual System Technology