Corsair has been on a massive refresh of their various series of power supplies. We've covered just about everything they have to offer from the low output CX430V2 to the massive AX1200 and many in between. Today we are taking a look at another one of their higher end power supplies, the HX1050. As a part of Corsair's Professional series of power supplies, it is intended for those who demand high performance and high reliability.
Corsair already has the HX1000 available, so many may ask as to why offer another power supply in the series that is capable of an extra 50W. The answer is simply that the HX1050 is completely different from the HX1000 and not just an old model with a few changes to lengthen the lifespan. With a single 12V rail, increased efficiency and a seven year warranty, the HX1050 is starting to look much more appealing than the aging HX1000. Read on as we cover the tech specs of the HX1050.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Right from the start, you should notice Corsair's HX1050 has a single 12V rail that is capable of outputting 100% of the power supply's rated output. It also features two hefty minor rails. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are capable of 30A each with a combined output of 180W. It's nice to see the minor rails capable of supporting higher loads.
As the HX1050 is part of the Professional series of power supplies, its feature lists reflects just what you would expect. All the protections are present so you know you're covered there. One of the big improvements for the HX1050 as a part of the Professional series is that it is 80Plus Silver certified. This is a big step up from the 80Plus Base that you find in the HX1000. The HX1050 also features both native and modular cables, all of which are fully sleeved. It is also rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
As would be expected from Corsair, the HX1050 is available just about everywhere. The HX1050 comes with an MSRP of $219, but can be had for as low as $204 if you do some very quick searching. Interestingly enough, Newegg lists the HX1050 above MSRP at $229.99, so make sure that you shop a little before you commit to buying.
Another step up for the HX1050 is the increased warranty. While previous power supplies of the Professional series have carried a five year warranty, Corsair is putting their money where their mouth is and backing the HX1050 with a fantastic seven year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20