The Motherboard Continued
As we start to move up towards the top of the board, you can see our four DIMM slots which support up to 32GB of DDR3 at speeds ranging from 1333MHz DDR to 2200MHz DDR. In the bottom right corner we have our "GO Button" which allows you to instantly switch over to a preset overclock.
Continuing around this area, we've also got our main 24-Pin ATX power connector and next to that you can see we've got our USB 3.0 header in red.
Moving around to the CPU area, you can see we've got our 8-Pin CPU power connector and around the CPU socket itself you can see the heatsink setup that ASUS have opted for. Like other parts of the board, the heatsink setup is extremely good quality and this is again an area that companies tend to ignore a bit when they move to the mATX format. The fact that this area can get so hot when using more basic heatsinks means that overclocking is limited on most mATX boards. Hopefully the option to go something stronger here means we'll get a strong overclock still.
Moving around to the I/O side of things, you can see we've got a load of USB ports and that would have to be the one thing that stands out a lot. Starting from the left, we've got our combo PS/2 connector and six USB 2.0 ports with the white one being used for ROG connect. Next to this we've got a reset CMOS button and then two USB 3.0 ports via the ASMedia USB 3.0 controller and two eSATA 3G ports via the JMicron JMB362 controller.
Continuing to move across, we've got two more USB 2.0 ports, Intel Gigabit networking, HDMI and optical / auxiliary audio outputs coming from the Supreme X-Fi 2 controller. Feature wise, the Maximus IV Gene-Z is a very strong looking board, the use of Intel Gigabit networking and Supreme X-Fi 2 audio is what makes it really stand out as an awesome board not just for home, but for LANs as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD