Looking at the card, there's not much to see except for the massive cooler that takes up most of the card. The actual design of it isn't a real surprise as we've seen this kind of design on other Ultimate cards. We've got a heatsink that sits over the top of the core and out of that we've got two heat pipes that go off to a bunch of fins that help dissipate the heat. This isn't a really high end card, so there's not a need for a massive passive solution; this should hopefully do a good job.
Apart from the front of the card, there's not much else to look at, so we'll move around to the I/O side of things to see what's going down. You can see we've got three connections here. Starting from the left, we've got a HDMI port, next to that a full size DisplayPort and finally a Dual-Link DVI connector.
Being a passive cooled card, it comes as no surprise that Sapphire would opt to use the reference clock speeds. Quite often passive cooled cards can handle a little bit of an overclock, but with the added heat that is generated it can freak people out a little bit and scare them off.
Coming in at stock means we've got an 800MHz core and the 1GB of GDDR5 memory comes in at 4000MHz QDR. With these clocks hopefully heat stays at a very reasonable level.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse