The ROG BIOS has an absolute bucket load of options when it comes to getting down and dirty with the board. Of course, it also uses the popular UEFI interface that we're seeing not only on all ASUS boards these days, but most other boards as well.
Looking at the BIOS, you've got the ability to do an easy overclock via CPU Level Up which will push your 2600k to 4.2GHz or 4.6GHz, otherwise you've got the option to really mess around manually with everything to try and achieve the strongest overclock possible.
As you move throughout the BIOS there's nothing too out of the ordinary that really stands out apart from the massive list of changes you can make. EZ Mode is still present, but when going into the BIOS the Maximus IV Extreme does default to the Advanced Mode.
The Maximus IV Extreme BIOS can be quite daunting to some people, but you've got options to overclock other ways if you're not confortable editing the BIOS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve planning Steam home page visual revamp, and more
- Yahoo admits 500 million accounts hacked in 2014
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now