The ROG BIOS has an absolute bucket load of options when it comes to getting down and dirty with the board. Of course, it also uses the popular UEFI interface that we're seeing not only on all ASUS boards these days, but most other boards as well.
Looking at the BIOS, you've got the ability to do an easy overclock via CPU Level Up which will push your 2600k to 4.2GHz or 4.6GHz, otherwise you've got the option to really mess around manually with everything to try and achieve the strongest overclock possible.
As you move throughout the BIOS there's nothing too out of the ordinary that really stands out apart from the massive list of changes you can make. EZ Mode is still present, but when going into the BIOS the Maximus IV Extreme does default to the Advanced Mode.
The Maximus IV Extreme BIOS can be quite daunting to some people, but you've got options to overclock other ways if you're not confortable editing the BIOS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU hits 52% IPC improvement
- Radeon Vega logo teased during AMD Ryzen press event
- AMD Introduces Ryzen CPUs
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available