Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Taking fourth place in air cooling on the idle chart is really good news for the HAVIK 140 so far. NZXT's entry is looking promising.
I don't even have a snappy comment for the rating on the load testing. The HAVIK 140 taking over with a new first place mark to beat in air cooling; all I can say is, great job NZXT, congratulations!
What astounded me is that most of the coolers in the top ten should have shipped with ear plugs. Typically I rave about how silent a Noctua fan is, but NZXT has them beat in silence, hands down. Seriously, when the testing was running, I had to put my ear into the air flow to hear anything; even then it's the flow over my ear I was hearing and not the noise from the fan.
Once I set the box up for the 12V testing, I actually had to go to my digital multi-meter to see if the fan was in fact getting the right amount of power, as I barely heard any increase in the fans noise production. I know the box states 26dB, but I am not going to slit hair over silence at this level!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The NZXT HAVIK 140 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD