Inside The SilverStone SST-RV03B-W Extended ATX Tower Chassis
As I started to open things up, I was wondering how to gain access to the front. I removed all of the bay covers, which are removable from the outside, and I found a set of hard drive bays and some fan adapters. To get this out, I need to remove like fifteen screws and lift the tool-free latches to sled all this out.
Panels removed, we can get a look inside the latest Raven. At first glance it looks typical, but look closer; there are a few changes afoot in this design.
Matching the outside, on the inside there are another two fan adapters in the bays. If you want to install hard drives here, you can, but there is a better place for those. It looks odd with the cable at the bottom, but that plug is an adapter for the PSU that goes in here. It then leads under the chassis to be powered.
The motherboard tray is decked out with all the management you will need along with many places to tie wires to on the back. You will also notice that motherboard sizes and VGA length is stamped into the metal as a guide.
In the floor of the RV03 you will find the pre-wired 180mm Air Penetrator fans. As I mentioned, the one on the right is shifted back slightly to add flow behind the motherboard tray, and these are what is attached to the fan controls.
Under the chassis there is a pair of magnetic dust filters for both the 180mm fans as well as the power supply. The large tabs allow you to easily remove them while the chassis is upright, and the magnets make replacing them a cinch.
Behind the tray SilverStone has done a similar treatment to this as I just saw in the FT03. There are loads of options to install drives, with plenty of room for the wiring. Speaking of which, you haven't seen much of it have you? This is due to the whole chassis being essentially pre-routed for the best looks and an awesome looking finished result.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched