I hate these low to mid-range cards; it's nothing against them directly, but they're always just so slow. Sure, they might be great for the price etc. - but testing them is still an absolute pain as they're always so much slower than the stuff I'm used to testing.
The whole situation is made only worse by AMD releasing three models today, albeit we're only looking at the two higher end ones of these three new models. The good news for me is that we tend to only ever look at one or two of these new models and then continue looking at the fun stuff and what people wish they could afford, but can't.
That aside, these are important reviews, though, as this is where companies like AMD and NVIDIA make their money. These low end cards are the ones you might not personally see most of, but local computer shops and system integrators will. These are the kinds of cards that companies put "Huge 1GB GAMING video card" on the signs when advertising budget PCs.
Over the last few years we've also seen that video game graphics aren't really moving at the same "on speed" pace that video cards are moving at. It's a frustrating thing for people who spend the big bucks, but what it tends to mean is that these lower end cards are doing more than ever before.
So with that all said, we'll check out the package that's going on inside these cards before looking at the cards themselves and specifications. The victim today? Well, me! The torture tools, though? - Sapphires HD 6670 1GB and HD 6570 512MB with *shudders* HyperMemory.
I'm probably being a little melodramatic, but we may as well have some fun. Let's check out exactly what we're looking at today.
There's very little difference between the packages of both cards. In the final pic we've got a bundle of everything that's included; there's two items that aren't in each bundle. The DVI to VGA connector is included only in the HD 6670 while the HyperMemory table that explains how much total memory your video card gets when combined with a HM enabled video card in included only in the HD 6570.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- This tool allows you to use your taskbar on any multi-monitor setup
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio