I hate these low to mid-range cards; it's nothing against them directly, but they're always just so slow. Sure, they might be great for the price etc. - but testing them is still an absolute pain as they're always so much slower than the stuff I'm used to testing.
The whole situation is made only worse by AMD releasing three models today, albeit we're only looking at the two higher end ones of these three new models. The good news for me is that we tend to only ever look at one or two of these new models and then continue looking at the fun stuff and what people wish they could afford, but can't.
That aside, these are important reviews, though, as this is where companies like AMD and NVIDIA make their money. These low end cards are the ones you might not personally see most of, but local computer shops and system integrators will. These are the kinds of cards that companies put "Huge 1GB GAMING video card" on the signs when advertising budget PCs.
Over the last few years we've also seen that video game graphics aren't really moving at the same "on speed" pace that video cards are moving at. It's a frustrating thing for people who spend the big bucks, but what it tends to mean is that these lower end cards are doing more than ever before.
So with that all said, we'll check out the package that's going on inside these cards before looking at the cards themselves and specifications. The victim today? Well, me! The torture tools, though? - Sapphires HD 6670 1GB and HD 6570 512MB with *shudders* HyperMemory.
I'm probably being a little melodramatic, but we may as well have some fun. Let's check out exactly what we're looking at today.
There's very little difference between the packages of both cards. In the final pic we've got a bundle of everything that's included; there's two items that aren't in each bundle. The DVI to VGA connector is included only in the HD 6670 while the HyperMemory table that explains how much total memory your video card gets when combined with a HM enabled video card in included only in the HD 6570.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy Note 4 batteries recalled due to fire risk
- Xbox One X pre-orders to go live this Sunday
- Apple expected to spend $1 billion on shows
- Microsoft to announce Xbox One X pre-order details soon
- VRAM prices increase over 30% in August alone
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes