The cooler design that XFX has got on offer isn't anything too out of the ordinary when it comes to comparing what we've seen from some other companies. We've got a dual fan setup which underneath finds a bunch of aluminum and copper heat pipes to help keep the card as cool as possible. The dual fan setup is a popular one and we've found that it does an excellent job of cooling. Hopefully the XFX version continues to keep up that tradition.
Looking around the rest of the card, we've got two 6-Pin PCI-E power connectors up the back and a single CrossFire connector closer to the front. Connectivity comes in the form of a Dual-Link and Single-Link DVI Port along with a HDMI and two mini-DisplayPort connectors.
XFX has spent the time overclocking the card and we can see that the core has been lifted to 940MHz which is 40MHz up on the default 900MHz clock a reference card will carry.
It's great to see that XFX hasn't ignored the 1GB of GDDR5 that now comes in at 4600MHz QDR, which is 400MHz QDR up on the reference 4200MHz QDR clock.
Let's check out our test system before we get stuck into the performance of the card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA announces conference on discovery beyond our System
- Samsung teases Exynos 9; it could power the Galaxy S8
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Moto G5 and G5 Plus specs leak ahead of the launch
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league