As most things always do, the Xigmatek NRP-MC1002 100W power supply started off looking very good as we took a look at the technical specifications and features. The unit is priced well for its target market, has great connector and cable availability, and features almost all the features that you could ask for. Unfortunately, everything started going downhill once we took a look at the inside of the PSU.
Right off the bat it was quite apparent that little effort was put into making sure the NRP-MC1002 had sufficient cooling and lacked high quality heat sinks. The secondary side of the power supply is filled with a random mix of mostly lower quality capacitors. From the moment that we started testing, it was clear that it would more than likely struggle with the DC output quality and this proved true once we started to put some heavier loads on the NRP-MC1002. Ultimately this was the downfall of the unit as it spiked out of ATX specifications to 154mV.
As was stated at the beginning of the review, NRP stands for No Rules Power and there are some rules that just shouldn't be broken. Xigmatek's NRP-MC1002 failed to perform within specifications and as such, fails our tests. Xigmatek's marketing is also a tad misleading in the going green department. We hardly consider an 80Plus Bronze rating as going green, especially when there are much higher levels of efficiency to achieve. We had high hopes to start with and really had hoped that Xigmatek had applied the company's philosophy of ICE to the NRP-MCP1002. Instead we were left unimpressed with a unit that is neither creative nor essential.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 835 VR dev kit program
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording