Any PC enthusiast is quite familiar with the name PC Power & Cooling. Ever since the company's inception in 1985, the name has been synonymous with quiet computing and shortly thereafter high-quality power supplies. Since then, the company has been a leader in the PSU industry producing many firsts such as the first redundant power system, first NVIDIA certified SLI PSU, 1000W PSU, and first power supply to ship with its own certified test report. They are clearly a company dedicated to providing the best product available to their customers.
In early 2007, OCZ announced that they were purchasing PC Power & Cooling. Many feared what was to come of PC Power & Cooling and were relieved to find that OCZ left the company mostly intact, turning the PC Power & Cooling brand into OCZ's premium line of power supplies. The unit that we are looking at today is a testament that OCZ has done just that. The PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760 is the latest entry in the Silencer line of power supplies available between 500W and 910W.
The PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760 is meant to deliver high quality power and with sufficient power output to drive the latest graphic cards on the market. PC Power & Cooling packs the Silencer 760 with features, connections, and a great warranty. The Silencer power supplies have always been known for their excellent performance and reliability, so read on as we put the PPCS760 through our testing methodology and find out if this new PSU is worthy of the Silencer title.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The PPCS760 utilizes a single 12V rail that is rated for 62A of continuous power at full load. This should provide enough power for any system with a single GPU and will support almost any configuration of dual-GPU's out there. For power hungry systems with lots of drives and high end motherboard/CPU configurations, the PPCS760 also features heavy 3.3V and 5V rails that provide 24A and 30A respectively. Total continuous power of the Silencer 760W is 760W. PC Power & Cooling also lists the Silencer 760W as being capable to output 835W at its peak.
As we take a look at the feature summary we can see that PC Power & Cooling has a lot going on with the Silencer 760W. All the protections that you would expect from a top tier manufacturer are there with the exception of modular cabling. For those that are familiar with PC Power & Cooling, you probably already know that they don't offer any power supplies with modular connections. They don't believe that it is a good idea to use modular connections as it increases resistance and lowers the available output of the power supply. For those interested in the full explanation, you can read the full interview between PC Power & Cooling's President Doug Dodson and Computer Power User.
Availability for the PC Power & Cooling 760W power supply is great. It can be found at many different online stores and retails for $144.99. A quick search will yield numerous places that have the PSU below MSRP and Newegg lists it for $129.99. PC Power & Cooling power supplies always come with great warranties and the Silencer 760W is no exception. Should you ever need to return the unit because it has stopped functioning, PC Power & Cooling backs it with an impressive 7-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- ارقام تليفونات شارب || 01014723434 || توكيل تكيف شارب || 01225025360 |
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience