Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
With a low starting voltage of 7 volts for this pair of fans it was no issue to get them running for the idle testing at 7.5 volts. At idle the Frio OCK receives a third place finish in efficiency at this level.
Once the fans were let loose at 12 volts, things changed dramatically. Not only am I testing a visually damaged cooler, but even with that said, the Frio OCK still took top honors in air cooling! In this testing it beat out the Megahalems that it mimics by over four degrees out of the box. While it didn't waste the competition at the top of the charts, I say for a "broken" cooler doing this well, I can only imagine one in pristine condition may perform even better than these results.
The whole reason that the Frio OCK can outperform most of the competition is due to the pair of fans that they strapped onto this beast. Even at idle testing I had a good inclination that this cooler should be able to handle the competition at load, but at what cost? I mean at 58 dB at idle there aren't too many coolers I have tested that are louder than this.
Here is what it takes for Thermaltake to smash the competition, that's right, 76 dB of noise pollution. For those who want to use this for everyday computing and gaming, this may be a big issue to overcome. For the avid overclocker out there in search or records, you are used to the sound of a Delta fan by now, so this level will come as no surprise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake Frio OCK CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis