We haven't seen a lot of the GTX 570 since it was launched. Apart from the reference card we saw from MSI and the original overclocked one from Gainward, there hasn't been much else to look at.
Today, though, we're looking at another one, albeit from Gainward again. This one's a little more interesting, though, as it carries with it a new series name. We're not too sure what to expect from the new Phantom series, but this is our first take at it; although we've seen that Gainward have also launched a GTX 560 Ti under the same series.
So the question is, what does the "Phantom" series bring to the table and is it something we should be interested in? Are we going to want to look at more cards from the Phantom series or would we prefer to stick to our ole' faithful ones like the Goes Like Hell Editions which have been a bit of a personal favorite for a while now.
Well, before we get into the fun stuff like the performance, we'll first check out the package; from there we'll have a look at the card and the specifications of it. Then we'll get into the fun stuff and see what kind of performance the model is able to give us.
Looking at the package, there's not much that you wouldn't have seen before from a Gainward bundle. The normal paperwork and driver CD, DVI to VGA connector, dual 6-Pin PCI-E to 8-Pin PCI-E and a little discount voucher for some software we've never actually paid any real attention to.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.