One thing about the Sandy Bridge launch that has been different about any other CPU launch that I have covered has been how many motherboards were launched at the same time. I was shocked at the number that came in even before the CPUs arrived. Still, it is a good thing in most respects as it gives you plenty of choices unlike a few other CPU launches that I can think of.
For our third P67 board review we stay inside the ASUS camp, but move a little down the ladder firmly into the upper end of the consumer market. Here we find the P8P67 Deluxe. This board comes complete with Digi+ VRM, EPU and the TPU for what ASUS calls this Dual Intelligent Processors with DIGI+ VRM. But that is not all you get with this new board from ASUS. You get a front panel USB 3.0 box, SLI and Crossfire, Dual GBe LAN (one of these is an Intel LAN chip), and a built in Bluetooth module. Not to mention the performance and overclocking that comes with most ASUS motherboards.
So despite the current issues with the Sandy Bridge MCP, let's dive into the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe and see if it deserves its place at the top of the consumer ladder.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 9 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 11 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Tales of Symphonia mod fixes stuttering, resolution issues
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance