Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The main components of the chassis, panels, front bezel, outside structure and interior are aluminum. Since we received the "B" version of this chassis, the Exterior aluminum is finished with a brushed finish and a black anodized coating. The front of the PC-V1020B has stealth covers over the two 5.25" bays and a removable section for the 3.5" bay. Under these you will run into a perforated panel that houses two 140mm blue LED fans acting as the intake. Both panels are plain and flat from edge to edge, while the rear of the chassis is made from exposed natural aluminum.
Moving to the inside of the chassis, we run into some very nice features. First and foremost, the motherboard tray is removable. Not only is it removable, it is designed to allow even the tallest coolers to be installed before it gets slid back into the body of the chassis. Speaking of removable, the assembly that holds the seven hard drives in the chassis is also fully removable. The rest of the interior offers stellar looks with all the natural aluminum exposed and offers wire management in both the frame inside the chassis as well as in the removable motherboard tray.
To cool the chassis, Lian Li installed four fans. There are the two 140mm blue LED fans that work as the intake to the chassis. These fans come with dust covers and are mounted to an easily removable plate that with a simple upward lift, allows the whole assembly to be removed. Lian li offers something I'm not used to from them this time, and that is that they also used a 140mm fan in the roof of this chassis. This fan does not have LEDs, but is mounted to a similar plate that allows the fan to be easily removed. Lastly, there is a non-LED, 120mm fan strapped into the rear of the chassis. These fans should do a great job in keeping the components cool inside the PC-V1020.
If you don't know by now, the name Lian Li usually comes with a large price tag, and this time is no exception. Searching around, I found that most e-tailers are very close in the pricing, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't look for the best deal out there. Right in the averages for pricing was our old favorite, Newegg.com at $249.99, and there is an additional $23 to ship the chassis. That leaves the PC-V1020B right around $275 to get one to your door. So let's see what the new design has to offer and see if I can sway you from sticker shock into ownership.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand