Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The main components of the chassis, panels, front bezel, outside structure and interior are aluminum. Since we received the "B" version of this chassis, the Exterior aluminum is finished with a brushed finish and a black anodized coating. The front of the PC-V1020B has stealth covers over the two 5.25" bays and a removable section for the 3.5" bay. Under these you will run into a perforated panel that houses two 140mm blue LED fans acting as the intake. Both panels are plain and flat from edge to edge, while the rear of the chassis is made from exposed natural aluminum.
Moving to the inside of the chassis, we run into some very nice features. First and foremost, the motherboard tray is removable. Not only is it removable, it is designed to allow even the tallest coolers to be installed before it gets slid back into the body of the chassis. Speaking of removable, the assembly that holds the seven hard drives in the chassis is also fully removable. The rest of the interior offers stellar looks with all the natural aluminum exposed and offers wire management in both the frame inside the chassis as well as in the removable motherboard tray.
To cool the chassis, Lian Li installed four fans. There are the two 140mm blue LED fans that work as the intake to the chassis. These fans come with dust covers and are mounted to an easily removable plate that with a simple upward lift, allows the whole assembly to be removed. Lian li offers something I'm not used to from them this time, and that is that they also used a 140mm fan in the roof of this chassis. This fan does not have LEDs, but is mounted to a similar plate that allows the fan to be easily removed. Lastly, there is a non-LED, 120mm fan strapped into the rear of the chassis. These fans should do a great job in keeping the components cool inside the PC-V1020.
If you don't know by now, the name Lian Li usually comes with a large price tag, and this time is no exception. Searching around, I found that most e-tailers are very close in the pricing, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't look for the best deal out there. Right in the averages for pricing was our old favorite, Newegg.com at $249.99, and there is an additional $23 to ship the chassis. That leaves the PC-V1020B right around $275 to get one to your door. So let's see what the new design has to offer and see if I can sway you from sticker shock into ownership.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand