A few months ago we told you about solid state drive manufacturers playing with the number of channels and flash modules on SandForce SF-1200 controllers to achieve new capacity variations. The first round of products with the new configurations were 40GB drives. Corsair has a new configuration that increases the capacity to 90GB and also retains the high IOPS programming that keeps transactions rates high.
More importantly for users shopping by budget, the new Corsair F90 ducks under the 200 USD barrier. This is an important place to have a product since the 40GB model is too small for most users, even those looking for a high speed SSD on a budget, and the 100GB drive is still over 200 USD. I'll let you decide your budget, but getting a large amount of premium SandForce storage for less than 200 Dollars looks like a sweet spot to me.
Let's move on and take a look at the specifications and then get to the real action and test the new Corsair F90.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Need for Speed coming to PC in March, 4K and unlocked framerate
- Telsa's new 'Summon' feature parks, and retrieves your Model S vehicle
- Square Enix online store celebrates 15 years with a Super Sale
- Gabe Newell gave away HTC Vive Pre's like Santa Claus at Unity event
- LG unveils the touch-enabled Quick Cover for its unannounced G5 phone
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance