One of the things with the new P67 chipset and Sandy Bridge was going to be the move to a new BIOS format. This format was going to be more graphical and also incorporate the use of your mouse. The GB P67A-UD7 does not have this BIOS type and instead has stuck to the original BIOS format. Because of this there is not much new to cover here.
As you can see, the traditional M.I.T. page is here with your usual options.
As we mentioned before, you have to really crank up the multiplier to get good overclocking. Here we have ours pushed up to 47.
Although most of the voltage options are the same, you can see there is a new one. This is the System Agent Voltage. For the most part this can be left alone, or bumped up to around .955 for stability.
The options above are very familiar; really not much to talk about.
Like we said, a fairly typical BIOS. We hope to tinker with the new BIOS style shortly after CES.
The GIGABYTE P67A-UD7 was pretty easy to overclock. We simply adjusted the multiplier and bumped up the voltage until we had a stable clock We were able to push it up to 4.7GHz (47x100). This was accomplished at 1.425 Volts and everything was rock solid. In fact, it was not that hard to get this speed.
We were able to do a full OC using the stock Multiplier and then again adjusting the individual cores to a 48 Multi. Not much to it really. Memory clocking was much simpler as we were able to just set it at 1600MHz and run instead of trying to find the right divider for stable memory.
EasyTune 6 is a nice utility as far as overclocking goes. There are better out there, but for the most part this gets the job done and gives you the tools and options you need to push your CPU from the comfort of Windows.
The first two tabs are more informational than anything. They give you a run down on the speed of your CPU and RAM. It is not until the third tab that you get some real tools to work with
The first item of the tuner tab is the Quick Boost. It is pretty self-explanatory, as you can see.
Next up is the easy page; this allows you to adjust very little, yet oddly enough gives you access to the BCLK. This is something that you should not tinker with.
It is not until you get to the advanced mode that you get more options and can also adjust the voltages and multiplier.
The Graphics tab lets you tweak your GPU (like you did not know that) right from EasyTune 6 without the need to pull up anything else.
Meanwhile, the HW monitor tab lets you keep an eye on your voltages and temperatures.
Like I said, not a bad utility.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications