Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are greater than the Toughpower XT 875W, we can test it to the maximum.
The Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W performed excellent throughout all of our tests. Depending on how you look at things, you might even say that it performed better than the Toughpower Grand.
The Toughpower XT 875W boasts better line regulation and keeps the voltage tolerances even smaller than that of the Toughpower Grand, but it sacrifices some efficiency and has more ripple on the 12V rail. None of this ever comes close to going out of specification and it is one of the best power supplies that I have tested to date.
Thermaltake has produced another rock solid power supply that is well deserving of your money. If you are looking for a power supply that is capable of delivering rock solid power to a high end system with up to two GPU's, it will be hard to beat the quality and price of the Toughpower XT 875W.
Almost everything is perfect with the Toughpower XT and the only negative things to fault the Toughpower XT for are trivial. These would be that all of the PCI-E cables are of the same length and that it vents some of the hot air from the power supply into case.
It would be hard to find a better power supply in the 800W-900W range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni