So we checked out the HD 6950 already and it's time to check out the big brother to the card; the HD 6970. We left feeling a bit of mixed emotion when it came to the HD 6950; it offered great value for its price bracket, but the said price bracket doesn't really have any competition. Instead, the card sits between others.
The HD 6970 is more expensive, though, and it's going to be inevitably faster. The question we ask is, how much faster? - Well, we'll find out soon enough. There's really not much need to go into much more detail here. Instead we can just start to check out the package that Sapphire is offering us before we check out the actual card, the specifications and of course, the performance!
Since there's no point carrying on here any further, let's check out the package.
Sapphire made the effort to send us the fancy package of the HD 6970, and oh my, is it fancy! - I love these aluminum cases and being a fan of the Battlefield series, this one especially holds a special place in my heart.
Opening up the case, we've got the normal array of cables and paperwork you would expect, which includes information on Sapphire Select Club, a Driver CD and quick install manual. On the cable front we've got a dual Molex to 8-Pin, Molex to 6-Pin, DVI to VGA, mini-DP to DisplayPort, HDMI cable and Crossfire connector.
Also included as you might've figured is a copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2 which you can download. You've got to go through the Sapphire Select Club to get it, but the instructions on how to get it are there and you shouldn't run into any problems.
It's nice to see a game included in a bundle. It feels like it's been ages since a company has included a game, but more importantly, it's nice to see a good game in a bundle; something that is even rarer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hearthstone game costs players a pretty penny to play
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system