I did have some issues getting the memory stable on my GIGABYTE P55A-UD7, so I went and tried my P55-UD6, both with the same results. Single channel is fine, but dual channel will not function; this is why the video and the images were done with the X38A from Foxconn. But I'm not here to pick apart the memory; I am here to discuss the cooling and functionality of the whole kit. That in mind, during testing I saw the full gamut of lighting and thermal indications that were fully functional and very informative.
The thermal indicators in the middle will start an icy blue color and work their way on up to a bright red color of LED indication. The icy blue indicates 20°C in temperature, green is 30°C and the red is registered when the memory reaches 45°C. Unless I removed the fan during Memtest86+ runs, the indicator showed green LEDs and the verification with the IR thermometer showed me 31°C during all of the runs I put it through in thirty hours of testing. When I unplugged the fan and allowed the kit to keep running stress testing, the light did eventually reach the 45° mark as there is limited airflow there with my water cooling in place. Getting a fifteen to twenty degree swing in memory temperatures is huge as far as removing heat from dead zones inside of a chassis, or keeping the memory super cool in an open environment for extreme end benching or CPU-Z validations. Not only do you get the benefits of memory that runs cooler, you also gain the ability to see how the RAM is doing with just a quick glance.
The whole system is very functional and handy for those who like to push their components within an inch of instability. This three piece kit of a dynamic LED display, fan and DHX Pro Technology is very user friendly once in use and easy to put together so that you can use it. Motherboard compatibility aside, I really liked the whole idea, and loved how cool it was able to keep the Dominators. If you didn't catch it already and would like to have a look at the functionality and just how the LEDs work, please have a look at our video demonstration of the AirFlow Pro on the previous page.
While you can order the kit from Corsair directly so you don't have to piece it all together, either way the kit is going to run you around $180-190 depending on the retailer. These kits are on shelves now, and if you want to see just what is going on with your memory at any time while providing over fifteen degrees in cooling capability, how can you go wrong buying the AirFlow Pro, AirFlow 2 fan, and Dominator memory with DHX Pro technology?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and the Corsair AirFlow 2 Memory Cooler]
- Page 4 [The Corsair AirFlow Pro Dynamic LED Display]
- Page 5 [The Corsair Dominator Memory with DHX Pro Technology]
- Page 6 [Assembly and Testing]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog