The Package and the Corsair AirFlow 2 Memory Cooler
My three piece kit comes in a brown box labelled simply with a large blue logo on top. The side of the package is taped closed with a sticker designating this as the CMXAFPRO PK2. Simply put, this package contains all three separately packed components inside of this.
The first thing I ran into was the Corsair AirFlow 2 fan. The CMXAF2 comes shipped in a clear plastic clam shell packaging that includes the body of the fan and all the hardware needed for assembly.
The back of the packaging shows why one would need to purchase a memory fan, a few of the features of the AirFlow 2 fan, and support information if you do have any issues or questions.
Inside is the main body of the fan assembly. This contains two 60mm fans capable of almost 27 CFM at 3500 RPM. Powering the unit requires you to find an empty motherboard fan header or use an adapter of your own to convert it to Molex power. The biggest change here is the use of blue stripes in the stickers, as I am used to seeing the red version sent with the Dominator GTs.
The frames of the fans are very thin and should allow the fan to maximize its air flow onto your memory. If for any reason you would need to disassemble this unit, the Phillip's screws found on the front are secured with these nuts. This is what keeps the three fans in place and holds the two pieces of aluminum together.
The hardware with the AirFlow 2 fan consists of four washers, four lock washers, and four thumbscrews to mount the two legs to the body of the cooler. The legs set just under the top of the memory fan, and the screws simply lock these legs to the bottom side of the top of the cooler.
Inside of the cardboard insert that displayed the features on the back, you will find that there is a set of step by step instructions on how to install and power the AirFlow 2 fan.
Assembled, this is what the AirFlow 2 memory cooler should look like.
From what I remember, the CMXAF1 didn't have this hole in the leg. The red and blue versions of the CMXAF2 do however. When using the AirFlow Pro, the wiring now has a convenient access hole to keep wire management clean and tidy when we get that far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and the Corsair AirFlow 2 Memory Cooler]
- Page 4 [The Corsair AirFlow Pro Dynamic LED Display]
- Page 5 [The Corsair Dominator Memory with DHX Pro Technology]
- Page 6 [Assembly and Testing]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- The Division will require 32GB of HDD space on the Xbox One
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance