I really feel kind of cheated today after testing OCZ Technology's newest high-performance SSD. Testing hardware gives me a little bit of free time. No kids in the computer room, the wife knows I can't be disturbed and the dog even seems to bark at people driving past a little less. Testing hardware gives me a chance to sit back with my feet on the desk and relax. Normally that is the case and I get a good deal of time to chill, but not with the OCZ RevoDrive X2. I was cheated today.
The OCZ RevoDrive X2 is the extension of the already very fast RevoDrive that we looked at just a couple of months ago. As you might have guessed from the name, the X2 has two times the amount of bang; it isn't just a shotgun, it is a double barrel. OCZ achieved twice the nice by adding on a daughter board that doubles the amount of SandForce controllers and flash memory.
The original RevoDrive was essentially a two drive RAID 0 array packed on a convenient PCI Express card and allowed users to indulge in RAID performance without the hassles of building a RAID array. Four SSDs in RAID 0 is kind of like the sweet spot since going over four adds very little to real world performance other than capacity.
If you are someone that likes your intensive tasks to take a while, giving you the opportunity to read the daily newspaper or slowly sip away at your coffee, then quickly close this page and hope your IT guys don't read what I am about to post. If you like it low and slow then the X2 isn't for you, turn away now. If by some chance you actually like your tasks to go very fast, then scoot closer to the screen!
Let's check out the specs on the OCZ Technology X2.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform