The Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME Plus VGA Cooler
With the plastic packaging removed we can start to get a really good look at what the XTREME Plus has to offer. Most obviously are the three 92mm fans attached to the black shroud cooling this long array of fins. The pipes travel out of the base in both directions passing through eighteen fins on the left side and sixty-six fins to the right.
Orienting the cooler as it would be installed, you see the logo from Arctic Cooling will display nicely on the open side of your card. Included with the fans and shroud is a 4-pin fan header that will fit into the stock connection on the card. Removing the shroud for cleaning is as simple as releasing a few tabs as you see on this side.
Each of the three 92mm fans use eleven curved blades to deliver a total of 81CFM of airflow to the fins and the components on the PCB that need cooled. Two of the fans split the area right over the GPU, and the third fan blows down on the PWM area of most cards.
The top two fans split the heat load that gets delivered to the aluminum pre-cooler between the groups of fins. The per-cooler is soldered to the pipes which are also soldered to the copper base. The base of the cooler is shipped with pre-applied MX-4 and is ready to go on any of the specified cards on the package.
You can see there is a very substantial base to this cooler, and while the copper isn't milled to a mirror finish, when I ran the razor around the edges I found they are very flat. There is a bit of deflection at the last 1.5mm of the edge and the corners, but near the TIM, and as I tested again later without the interface material, the middle of the base is very true. If you do need a separate mounting kit, simply remove these two screws and swap out the plates, then replace the screws. You can also get an idea of the shape of the thick aluminum pre-cooler. I would have gotten an image from the top, but all you see are the tops of the fins in an opposing direction to the fins on the heatpipes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20