Just recently we all got to see the awesome capabilities Scythe is able to produce with the Ninja 3 SCNJ-3000, which just so happens to be the new leader in the air cooling game with two fans. Before that, the last submission from Scythe was the Yasya SCYS-1000, which has a fair amount to do with the cooler we are going to look at today. The main idea, in a nutshell, was to take the ideas from the Yasya and twist things around, offering a cooler with a change in direction, and doing so with the need for less room to house this cooler.
Along with the Yasya, Scythe is keeping the T.M.L.F. (Trident Multi Layer Fin) design in this new arrival. It is also being cooled by the same Slip Stream, PWM fan with the expansion slot manual control knob. This should give the cooler a good set of lungs to keep temperatures at bay; but there is one important change in today's sample. Scythe elected to bend the fin arrangement over on its side and allow the fan to blow down at the motherboard. This will not only allow it to fit where other towers may not, but it also adds a good dose of high velocity air onto the motherboard components.
Just like with the Samurai ZZ and the Yasya, the Rasetsu we are about to look at keeps the V.T.M.S. (Versatile Tool-Free Multiplatform System). In a nutshell, the system uses clip-in assemblies to mount the AMD and Intel hardware to the cooler. This also means you won't have to pull out your motherboard to allow this cooler to be installed correctly. You get push-pins for Intel, and a pair of latches for AMD sockets. With all the ideas that make up the Rasetsu SCRT-1000 cooler from Scythe fresh in your mind, let's get a look at the full specifications and get the Rasetsu on the TECC to see how well it does.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Rasetsu SCRT-1000 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20