Test System & Test Results
Testing the Antec Notebook Cooler 200 was achieved in the same manner that we tested the Designer. This time I was able to test in a more appropriate 25° C ambient temperature. While our last round of testing proved my laptop is a hot one, I still believe that there is room for improvement with the right cooler under it.
Running Prime 95 in "Blend" testing for the first series of seven passes is enough torture to prove whether or not the 200 offers cooling with all the good looks. The highest temperature during these runs is recorded in the Processor #0 Temperature Readings, under High. The Low temperature just to the left of that box was achieved by rebooting the laptop, opening CoreTemp 0.99.7, then allowing the unit to sit there for ten minutes to level off.
With my notebook sitting flat on the floor of my photo and testing box, the lowest temperature achieved was 40 degrees doing nothing, and maxed out at 78 degrees under the load testing I did.
Setting my Lenovo on the Notebook Cooler 200 gave me a 4 degree drop at idle and keeps that same 4 degree drop at load. Keep in mind, this is CPU specific testing, with a cooler CPU, you will have a cooler GPU. Also, if yours has a mechanical hard drive, it can also benefit from all around cooler temperatures surrounding it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Our closest look at the Google Pixel smartphone yet
- Google preparing 'Pixel 3' laptop with new Andromeda OS
- iPhone 7 owners drill hole to find hidden headphone jack
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now