Gaming with a laptop computer is becoming more prevalent every day. I mean, if you want an i7 processor and a fast GPU, it seems there are many offerings out there built like this. The screens are getting bigger, the resolution higher, and with that and the demand of newer game titles, it can really work the laptop into a heated frenzy. I am not so blessed as my laptop has a lowly Intel 4 Series GPU, but it still allows me to tinker around in Half Life 2, Left 4 Dead, and of course a bit of CS:S on low to medium settings. My problem with gaming is twofold outside of the lowered graphics settings. The keyboard gets hot, as the CPU tends to stew in its juices with the cooler on it, and the hard drive makes a hot plate out of the left palm rest area.
Of course, elevating a laptop will, or at least should improve airflow on most laptops. They pull air in from the bottom to cool everything enclosed. Raising it off the surface allows for more cool air to pool under the fan and this should make normal use on the net browsing more comfortable on its own. Once you add gaming into the mix, just raising the laptop isn't going to do it for keeping temperatures under control. This is where additional fan cooling is needed, and the last submission wasn't quite up to the task of handling gaming heat loads, but it did offer a much cooler lap while using it. This time, things are reversed. This is a high flow, more table or desktop oriented notebook cooler design.
Antec has sent over the Notebook Cooler 200 for me to have a look at, taking cues from the Skeleton series of the industrial open design and using a bit of the honeycomb mesh we are used to seeing. Not only is the fan blowing upward this time, Antec uses a two speed Big Boy 200mm, blue LED fan that can push some serious amounts of airflow and with it, very little noise. Even though my laptop doesn't do all that much gaming, it does tend to run a bit warm, and any help I can get is appreciated. So I say, let's get to it, so I can plug in the USB connection and see just how well the Notebook Cooler 200 handles its business.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER